Efforts by Sejong City to create a pleasant and humanistic residential environment.
Building various cultural, art and leisure facilities
Sejong City offers rich cultural, art and leisure facilities where a library and a cultural house are integrated into each basic living regional sector to create a human-friendly residential environment. Also, various cultural facilities are provided, including the National Library of Sejong City, a museum, a concert hall and a library.
The National Library of Korea. Sejong
Bangchukcheon WaterfallNight view of Bangchukcheon Waterfall
Night view of Sejong Lake ParkMarine sports at Sejong Lake Park
Making future-oriented and customized education specialized city
Sejong City installs advanced educational facilities, limiting the number of students per class to the level of OECD. Through establishing a pleasant educational environment, we create Sejong City as a future-oriented and customized education city so that anyone would want to let their children study in Sejong City.
Sejong Office of EducationSejong Office of Education
- Launching Smart School for the first time in Korea
- Establishing an advanced educational environment with the on-the-way-to-school management system, the U-Class system, the school lunch management system, the U-electronic library system, U-Safe, and the U-afterschool learning system
- Making an advanced educational environment on a par with OECD countries
- Forming a school system of 20-25 students per class and within 600 students per school
- Introducing advanced educational programs such as departmentalized class system and non-grade system
- KAIST, Korea’s top university
- Establishing the natural science-based Graduate School of Converging Science, the Science & Technology Based Medical Institute, the College of Life Science, the Graduate School of Science and Technology Policy
- Giving preferential benefits for the entrance of students from international schools and Sejong City to go to the university
- Creating a global university town
- Building a global university town where prestigious universities at home and abroad are integrated in connection with the Science Belt
※ Consultation with Eminata Group, Canada, is being carried out to attract universities